The Awyr Las Mascot Competition Terms & Conditions
In partnership with View Creative
1. The competition is open to all UK residents aged between 6 and 15 except:-
a. Awyr Las members of staff or relatives of Awyr Las staff members; or
b. View Creative staff members or relatives or any other person involved in the competition.
The Age and residency requirements above must be met on the closing date for submissions. Awyr Las reserves the right to request proof of age for entrants as well as parent's or guardian's consent. Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Entrants must ask their parent/guardian for permission to enter this competition and agree to these terms and conditions.
- Entries will not be returned.
2. Entry to the competition is by submitting an original design for mascot for Awyr Las on an A4 piece of paper, following these instructions:
Please DO make sure the design:-
- Is a drawing, painting or if it is designed on the computer, please print out the image
- Is original
- Is a made-up/imaginary character or animal or person which is easy to recognise as the official mascot for Awyr Las
- Is appealing to young people
- Is friendly-looking
- Incorporates blue or green – or a combination of these colours
Please make sure the design DOES NOT:-
- Copy (or contain/resemble) any original works (i.e. known characters, mascots or cartoon figures)
- Use any specific animals, symbols or characteristics that are associated with other charities
- Look like a traditional tourist souvenir, such as a cuddly dragon or love spoon.
- Be designed using graphics or computer generated content
- Please note that entries which contain any of the above will be disqualified
Please also note:-
- If entrants wish to, they can suggest a name for their mascot and include up to 100 words of text describing the mascot and the inspiration behind their design
- Entries should be the work of only one person
3. All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:-
- Creative: The design must be striking and original
- Usable: The design must be simple enough to work on small and large scales, in black and white and in colour
- Relevant: The designs will be easy to recognise as a mascot of Awyr Las
4. There is only one method of entering the competition:-
- Submitting the design by post to: Awyr Las Mascot Competition, c/o Patrick Roberts, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PW
- All submissions must consist of an A4 sheet of paper with the design and, on a separate sheet, the entrant's contact details (full name, date of birth, age, full address (including postcode), name of Parent/Guardian, telephone number (including area code) in clear legible form.
5. Entries must be received by no later than Friday 18th July 2014:-
Late or illegible entries will be disqualified. Awyr Las cannot take any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction, including but not limited to any affecting postal services, which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
6. By submitting an entry for the competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent/carer/guardian are deemed to have given consent for the design to be used free of charge by Awyr Las or View Creative for any purpose in connection with Awyr Las including, but not limited to, the production and sale of merchandise, marketing and advertising purposes in connection with the charity. They also consent for the image to be used free of charge by Awyr Las or View Creative in all media and merchandise for all purposes in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television platforms, newspaper and social media sites. By taking part in the competition, the entrant and the entrant’s parent or guardian also consent and agree to assign to Awyr Las all copyright in their design should the design be shortlisted for consideration by the panel of experts and sign any relevant forms or agreements provided by Awyr Las to reflect such assignment (without amendment). Failure (or delay) to sign the relevant document will result in the entry being disqualified.
7. By taking part in the competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent or guardian agree to:-
(i) Being filmed by the charity in order to create content for the purpose of publicising the competition.
(ii) Signing any additional documentation that may be required in connection with this competition, such as, but not limited to, declarations for confidentiality in order to assign all intellectual property in submitted designs to Awyr Las.
8. It is a condition of entry that all entrants keep a copy of their submitted designs and any correspondence entered into with Awyr Las confidential at all times. You therefore agree not to disclose to any third party without the prior written consent of Awyr Las.
9. All entries will be judged in the first instance by an initial panel of local artists. This first judging panel will shortlist the 10 best entries in each of the following categories:-
- Category 1: Entrants aged 6 to 9
- Category 2: Entrants aged 10 to 12
- Category 3: Entrants aged 13 to 15
The entries for each age category will be shortlisted in a first round to go through to a second stage where the best entry in each age category will be selected.
10. Telephone calls will be made to the winning entrants in each age category and their parent/guardian between 1st August and 22nd August 2014 confirming that your design has been selected as the top entry in that age category. The winners will be announced on 3rd September 2012. The winner and the winner’s school will be contacted in advance for a photo shoot.
The three age category winners will receive an arts pack for their school and the winning designs will be displayed in the District General Hospitals in North Wales (Ysbyty Gwynedd, Ysbyty Glan Clwyd and Wrexham Maelor).
The prize for the ultimate winner will consist of a day with View Creative. Thereafter your winning design will be transformed into the Awyr Las Mascot.
11. The ultimate winner must be available for publicity purposes with Awyr Las during the 1st week of September 2014. If an entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, and/or is unable to attend a photo shoot or is found to be in breach of the rules, Awyr Las reserves the right to offer their place to the next best entrant. All shortlisted entrants who have not been successful will not be contacted.
12. All prizes mentioned in section 10 above will be as stated. The prizes cannot be transferred and there is no cash alternative.
13. The judging panel’s joint decisions as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
14. Awyr Las may need to make modifications to the winning mascot design for a variety of purposes. This may consist of significant alterations to the winner’s original design to ensure that the design is usable in all media and for a variety of purposes (i.e. print, online, TV). Also, Awyr Las may add wording to the final design, assign a name to the winning design and create a back story which relates to the mascot.
15. Awyr Las reserves the right to cancel the competition or any of these rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control, including but not limited to not using the winning design.
16. Awyr Las will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without permission. Awyr Las and View Creative will store all information securely and not to pass it on to any other parties, in line with the Awyr Las data protection policy.